1 hour | 1 hour prep | SERVES 4
1 medium eggplant
1-1 1/2 cup Gluten-free bread crumbs seasoned liberally with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, garlic salt, basil,
oregano (or any other spice you find necessary)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Cut Eggplant into circles that are about 1/4" thick.
2. Beat eggs with milk and put in a bowl big enough to place eggplant slices.
3. In another bowl mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Heat olive Oil in large skillet.
5. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then bread crumbs and then put in skillet, cook till golden brown then flip and cook other side.
6. Place fried eggplant slices in a shallow cooking dish and keep warm in an oven pre-heated to 200F.
7. Top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
*Note:The amount of bread crumbs and eggs depends on how thick your slices and how large the eggplant is*.
I served it with Gluten-free pasta. You can find the Gluten-free breadcrumbs at Whole Food Market.